Pages

Wednesday 31 July 2013

New Term With New Challenges


We are learning to write goals to help us measure our learning. I have learned this lesson when I know that my goals are measurable and specific. These are paragraphs of my goals about Writing, Reading and Maths.


My goal for writing is to use 9 ambitious vocabulary words in each of my paragraphs and also try to make my work exciting and not to rush. This is important because I want the reader to be interested of what I am writing and let them read more and more of my story. The steps I will take to achieve my goal will be is to read my work and check for spelling mistakes, check with a buddy and ask my buddy what his/her opinion is,  and what I can change in my writing then check with my teacher.













My goal for Reading  is to read a type of text and question myself about what the story was about. This is important because if I was told to read a story to some children I would be embarrassed because I can’t read. The steps I will take to achieve my goal will be to read any type of story with a sibling at home and let him/her ask me some questions about the story.


My goal for Maths is to learn my 17 , 18 times tables and also to answer faster when I am doing a basic facts test.  This is important because I want to be faster than 49 seconds in my basic facts and get a great time and also to be moved into the highest group like the ovals. The steps I will take to achieve my goal will be to think of  some faster ways I can solve the equation instead of using my fingers,  to ask a sibling at home to ask me hard times tables that I can solve using faster strategies.



1 comments:

Fiona Grant said...

It is important to set goals for your learning and to have a plan. Looking forward to seeing your achievements on your blog.

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.