Pages

Friday 13 February 2015

A Birthday Blessing

On the 16th January the whole household were up getting ready for the big day. It was a day where my parents, brother, his girlfriend and her parents get to see their daughter/grandaughter get a 1st birthday blessing from the priest of the Mt Wellington Catholic Church.  

We all got dressed and headed to the church. We sat down while my older sister Vika went to talk to father in the back room. After they were done talking my sister came to sit down with us. When it hit 8:00 father rang the bell and we stood up while he walked through to the front. We all did the sign of the cross and said the “I confess” and “Lord have mercy” after father went quiet as we all did silent prayers.

Then we had the first reading, Responsorial Psalm,  Gospel  Acclamation and  Gospel reading it was time for prayers, during prayers more and more people started to come in.  When it was time to receive the bread and wine my sister, two nieces and I went to get blest last.

At the end of church my sisters and I went to the back of the room for her to get her blessing, unfortunately he thought thought she was turning 16 but my sister sorted it out so Father went to his house to get a little koala and recipe book for Avery and her mum.

I was proud and happy for Aavery because she has grown so fast and she has learnt a lot of new stuff on her journey. We were all proud and happy for her but we were mostly excited to go to Inflatable world.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Anna,
I like the way you put lots and lots of effort into this piece of writing.
I also like how you used interesting words, and how you described everything that happened. How long did it take for you to write and publish it?

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.